Me as a young pup!

Me as a young pup!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My First Operation


My first operation took place when I was only 5 months old. It was time for me to get neutered. My folks were big fans of Price is Right and Bob Barker's famous tag line at the end of his show ("And remember folks, have your pets spayed or neutered."). I went into the Vets office with no idea what was about to take place. I had so much energy in the morning. I was going on a field trip and was not spending the day at home in my kennel. Well, it was a field trip alright. One that left me completely wiped out.

At the vet I got puppy drugs that made me feel really good. The vet lady called me a light weight. I am still unsure as to what that means. I just knew that I was flying. I was having lots and lots of fun until I had this plastic cone placed around my head.


This thing was sure obnoxious. My parents thought I was so cute in it. But I couldn't get from Point A to Point B without running into something or knocking something over. It was so uncomfortable and unpractical. And the worst thing is I had to wear this thing for 10 days until my sutures dissolved. This was the worst 10 days of my life.






2 comments:

  1. Flynn, I am sorry you had to have an operation, but it is true- you do look very cute in your cone. I am also a fan of The Price is Right! Thanks for including so many wonderful pictures in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Flynn you look so cute in your cone and i'm sorry you had the operation but bob barker is right. And Mr Flynn you are no light weight. looking forward to more blogs from you, gpa

    ReplyDelete